Sunday, September 24, 2017

The Divine Miss M (Part II)

M. Quertier 1799
Ackworth School
Scarlet Letter
Mystery Stash linen lambswool?
Gloriana India Ink

Miss M. has not been forgotten.  Life has forced her to take a back seat.  Am slowly, ever so slowly making progress.  I have moved to the second half of the chart and have stitched more than one half of the motifs.


Another one of my favorite motifs:  Miss M's cartouche.  Her beautiful initials with the date she stitched the sampler.  I haven't gotten there yet, but Miss M stitched the date on her sampler in three different places.  The year 1799 must have been important to her.


This motif used lots of fiber and required  a lot of time.


I was getting nervous about the size of the linen I had cut.  Whew!  There is going to be enough linen--one more motif and then the width of the sampler will be determined.

A few more football games, more documentaries, more stitching time for Miss M.

5 comments: