Thursday, December 28, 2017

Catching Up

The week between Christmas and New Year's is one of my favorite weeks.  My schedule slows and permits me to stay home, work on projects, and sleep later.  One of my really bad habits is falling in love with a design, making a purchase and then it languishes in my stash for years.  It's small and should not take long to stitch will be the words on my tombstone!

The Blackbird Girls, Barb and Alma released this design in 2011, please don't do the math--yes, it has been in my stash longer than I want to admit.

Yes a finish!  The Blackbird Girls stitched theirs on 30 ct Confederate Gray.  I was fresh out of Confederate Gray but did not have some 30 ct Lucky Penny by R & R.

 This is Berry Days at Thistle Down Farm by Brenda Gervais, it was released at the 2017 Nashville Needlework Market.  The original was stitched on 36 ct wren by Picture this Plus.  Yes, you guessed it, I was fresh out and found a 35 ct mystery sale fabric in my stash which I thought would work.  Wasn't really crazy about the butterfly above the house, it kinda reminded me of a moth, so I added my initials.

The thermometer says it is 37 degrees and wind chill takes it to single digits--I am more than happy to stay inside and stitch.  Am currently listening to Ron Chernow's book on Hamilton.  Cold temps, books on tape and time off a formula for stitching time.  The tart tin is for Plum Street Samplers, Olga's Tart, the ort basket is for another With Thy Needle and Thread, the tray is for a Stacy Nash and the board is for a La D Da.  Am making a dent and catching up.

6 comments:

  1. I think at the end of the year we all start reviewing what we've accomplished and in some cases what languishes in drawers, bins, bags etc - waiting - sometimes for years and sometimes falling out of favor entirely. I am always amazed how many things we share in likes. I envy you time to get things done here at the end of the year. I look forward to maybe sitting and hooking this weekend and dusting off my equipment in preparation of my 19th consecutive rug camp in January. Peace be to you and Applejack in the new year - Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you go! When you run out of projects I can send you the two I still planned to do someday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been trying to play catch up with my projects too! Your Blackbird design looks very spooky and nice! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, I have that same BBD piece in my stitching cupboard. I think mine is as old as yours. Stay warm, we have been watching the country freeze. Our 40's with rain looks pretty good right now. It will be fun watching all those projects grow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go, Betty, Go! I can't wait to see all those beauties in their final FFO form. :-) Judy

    ReplyDelete